Tuesday, January 3, 2012

happy 2012!

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; make known His deeds among the people."
Psalm 105:1

i've been thinking of what kind of post i wanted to start this year off with.. and i thought about complaining/ranting about what you're supposed to do when you just can't seem to please someone, i thought about posting a Christmas haul with all of my wonderful presents, and then of course, i thought about posting some of my new year's resolutions... maybe i'll get to those, but lately i've been feeling pretty thankful, so i figured i'd jot it down somewhere to share and remember for myself :)

firstly, i'm definitely thankful for this past holiday season, my awesome Christmas gifts, and the time i got to spend with my family :) ..thanksgiving was great, as always! good food and good family! dad and connie were able to visit and spend that friday with us! we went to "ruby tuesday's", which was the first time i had been to a sit down restaurant in almost a whole year! i was pretty excited about that, and then we even got dad and connie to play a few rounds of "just dance 3"! that's always a good time!! ha! Christmas was more than i could have wished for! i got everything i wanted and more! anthony was able to spend the weekend with us and play santa with brandi for chasity.. i think that was the best part of Christmas for me. seeing chasity so happy to have her daddy here, and so happy to get all kinds of gifts she had on her wishlist!

writing this out, i think of all of the little things i'm SO thankful for that kind of interlace like silent side notes to those words... i was thankful to be able to spend many hours on thanksgiving day with my family at my aunt's house. thankful to be able to go to a sit down restaurant with dad, connie, brandi and chas. thankful to be able to go to chasity's Christmas play at her school with jake. i was thankful to spend Christmas weekend seeing chasity so happy with anthony and brandi. i was thankful to be able to spend a little bit of new year's eve with lots of friends and family at the poker party, and then watch the ball drop with bailey jane :) haha..

all of these things i was able to accomplish with no severe anxiety or panic attacks.. i thank God everyday for that blessing. for a full day with no disaster. i spend so much time worrying about these elaborate irrational fears and tragedies, and then it's kind of crazy to me when things just go off without a hitch.. it's nice to make it through a day when nothing bad takes anything good away from me. and i've had a lot of those good days :) trust me, i don't take them for granted..

so essentially, i'm thankful for making it through 2011. it was a rough year for me. it started off pretty bad, got better, and got worse, but now it's over.. i'm thankful for the new year, and i'm thankful that it started off perfectly fine :) i'm thankful for my good health and that of my family. and super thankful for many many blessings that it might take me forever to write. mostly, i'm thankful for all of my answered prayers. it's truly amazing to see God blessing me, my family and my friends every day...

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I hear you want to "get happy" and I think I can help you in 2012. Just write back for more information!

    ReplyDelete