Wednesday, June 23, 2010

...the birthday girl!

i'm three days late, sorry! :D

this past sunday, father's day, was also my 22nd birthday... at church and throughout the day, the question of 'which came first, the chicken or the egg?' kept coming up... see, everyone kept asking what i was doing for dad for father's day, and i'd say something bratty about how 'it was my birthday, too! and without my birthday, he wouldn't have a father's day!' so we went on and on about which was first, which was the cause of the other. i guess all i can really say is that you can't have one without the other, but more importantly, i'm just thankful for the father that i was given (or given to? hmm.. :) ha!) often, when i'm thanking God for my blessings, i thank Him for my parents, for how they raised me. i'm thankful that i grew up going to church every sunday, wearing matching easter dresses with mama, and for those delicious wednesday night dinners (mine always consisted of a bowl of salad, with ranch dressing, bacon bits and croutons!) before GAs. though, like many others, i strayed, that foundation has always been set for me, it will always be the very first part of who i am. i'll always thank my parents for putting me on the right path, for instilling their beliefs to help create mine. so i guess for a late birthday/father's day blog, i just want to say i'm thankful for another year, thankful for my father, and also thankful for my Heavenly Father, for everything He has done for me, for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I’m thankful God blessed Dennis and made him a father. I love you! ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete