Friday, August 27, 2010

barefoot in barcelona...

"when you lack respect for yourself, you will cling to every morsel of respect you can get from other people - and you'll feel threatened and unmoored(which blogspot does not think is a word?) if they don't cooperate. but when you have an internal reservoir of dignity and self-acceptance, you won't be begging others to fill it."
-dr. phil :)

i took this quote from an article i just read in oprah magazine. (quick side note - why did oprah decide that she should be the model for every single cover of her own magazine. does she ever get sick of doing photo shoots every month for that crap?) ..anyway, it really 'ding ding'ed in my head when i read it and made me think of the people i talk to who get really upset when other random people have bad manners, make rude remarks, shun them, etc etc.. the example in the article is something about what your typical response is when a grocery store clerk is rude to you.. some people let incidents like that rain out their entire day.. and some will just think "man, they must be having a crappy day" and get on with life... i'd like to think that more often than not, i'm in the second group of people.


anyway, i guess that's all about that :) i have just painted my nails "barefoot in barcelona" by OPI, and i'm waiting for them to dry... again, blog ensues!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
and no, i didn't just take a picture of my nails, that's a google image! haha :D

i guess something i'd like to say, or get off my chest, is that 'getting things off my chest' is exactly my original intended purpose of this blog. whether those are things i find annoying or troubling throughout my day, something i've heard and want to voice my opinion about or a picture of a fabulous pair of shoes i'd like to share, it is in no way to 'talk crap' or bust anyone 'anonymously' via the internet. i'm not the kind of person who wants to try to start drama in those ways, i'm pretty straight forward, and blogging to confront someone (who may or may not even check this blog) is much too cowardly for my taste. i just don't think that far into my writing. my intentions aren't to hurt anyone at all. i write for my own selfish reasons, to do just that - "get if off my chest", which was my understanding of a 'blog' in the first place. and my understanding of most personal writing, for that matter... writing is therapeutic. i've been told to do it and even have friends who have been assigned to do it for college courses. it's a way to get emotions out of your head and away from your mind. some poeple have diaries, some people have blogs, and some people write in world renown newspapers. i've tried the diary thing and it was a complete fail! my hand always felt like it was going to fall off after like.. three sentences! haha!! i was under the impression that blogs are the diary of the new electronic interweb age! lol! :D i'm not ever really held accountable for much, and my therapist has reccommended 'journaling' to me, so i figured blogging and giving her the link may motivate me to spit some stuff out into written[typed] word. ha :) anyway, i want to say that i do understand that things i write can very well be taken the wrong way and offend others. and for that, i am truly sorry. a fault of mine, is mistaking the reactions of others. i tend to view things my way, and think about how i would react. however, not everyone is as stone cold as i am, and though i wish sometimes i could shed some of my tough skin and loan it to my friends, i can't. and i've learned that i can't just disregard their feelings because they may not be as strong or hard as mine. anyway, i just wanted to explain where i'm coming from, how i view the 'blogging world' (which i really don't think is a lone opinion on the subject) and what my true intentions have been.

blahhhh! and again, so much for not having any idea what to write about! i should really just start sitting down and starting a blog with no intention of writing anything at all... i mean, i really do put off blogging because i'll think "meh.. i have nothing to write about today", and here i am spilling my guts writing a novel again! anyway, i hear some thunder in the distance! i think it's sleepy storm time!! :D

i'll leave you with some fantastic music :)

No comments:

Post a Comment