Thursday, August 5, 2010

...a music enthusiast?

this is why i suck at 'blogging' and writing in general.. i can never think of anything to write about, or anything worth writing about. i just got done doing some serious cleaning in the office/'georgia room', and felt like blogging... but i have no idea what to say? i guess music might be my 'blogging' trigger. i listen to music when i clean, and i think it made me feel like sitting down and spilling my guts.... but i don't really have anything to spill?

i've been thinking a lot about music lately.. and how it can be so frustrating sometimes, to me at least. i feel like sometimes i want to like a song so bad, or i'll like the lyrics of the song and not the music, or i'll love the music/feel of the song but the lyrics suck, and the worst is when the lyrics and the music are perfect, but the vocals are horrible...

for example.. earlier i was listening to this song "the only exception" by paramore... i love the music part of the song, hayley's voice and the verses (for the most part), but then you kind of get to the chorus and it's just "you ... are ... the only exception. you ... are ... the only exception." over and over again! and she doesn't even change her tone or whatever the whole time she's repeating those five words.. i'm just kind of like, ugh! it's like "you da best" by drake... the verses and the hook of that song are great, and then the chorus blows so much that it ruins the whole song! bummer, yeah?! haha

and then there's this song called "the biblical sense of the word" by quiet company.. i have no idea where i first heard it, and it's almost impossible to find, but i found the lyrics and some of them are so sweet, i love it! --

"When the morning comes, we will wake,
and the sun will kiss your beautiful face.
And if you want to know the truth, I can say
'You are my favorite part of every day.'

Oh, love ain't so tough, you will see.
Just open up your arms to me,
and don't make no vow you can't keep,
and I'll lay my pride down at your feet.

Because neither the heavens nor the earth
can equal what you're worth.
I know you.
I would fall apart
if I didn't have your heart.
I know you would too.

We make our lives worth living
when we love each other.
Yeah, we can move the mountains with our love.

You whisper you love me in my ear.
When you tell me you love me,
suddenly, I'm not scared.
You've got me right where you want me
and I will stay here,
when you tell me you love me,
suddenly, I'm not scared.
We make our lives worth living when we love each other."

the first few verses are adorable, and then there's somewhat of a chorus, and then random crap? it's just so confusing.. and the vocals aren't that great either, it's just put together so awkwardly.... i just want the vocals to be perfect, the song structure to make sense, and the music to have good, easy and calm rhythm.... blah!

why can't every song be as perfect as "mainstreet" by bob seger, "jack and diane" by john mellencamp, "time" by hootie and the blowfish, "terrified" by kara diaguardi, or almost anything by ben folds!? haha... i could name so many amazing songs, and just as many crappy ones =/

and real quick while we're on music... have you ever thought about how many songs you know the full lyrics to?? i mean, holy crap! i might know the lyrics to thousands of songs! how insane is that?! i don't know... i just randomly thought about that the other day as i was singing "i'm a thug" by trick daddy word for freakin' word! haha!! :D

this rant was inspired by:



so much for not having anything to say... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment